Submission of research data to heiDATA
Do you want to archive your data permanently and publish it open access or do you want to deposit research data pertaining to a publication?
Guidelines for publishing research data in heiDATA
- Please contact us and give us some initial information about your data, especially about file formats and file sizes. Consider the future accessibility of your research data (open or partially / temporarily restricted access, initially only password-based access for journal reviewers) and appropriate licenses - we can help you finding an optimal solution for your needs.
- Send us your data as well as documentation or README files where appropriate.
- Small data sets can be send as email attachments. For submission of large data volumes the F*EX service, a HTTP-based service of the data network of research institutions in Baden-Württemberg, can be used. Alternatively, you can hand in the data by yourself or we can come to you.
- We send you a link for capturing the describing metadata for your dataset.
- If you use heiDATA for the first time you have to register as an user:
- After registration we activate your account and you can log in in order to enter metadata information.
- We check your data and, if necessary, we carry out format conversions with regard to the long-term preservation of the data. We upload the data into heiDATA and prepare the publication.
- The person responsible for the data publication gets a prefilled author contract he/she has to sign and we release the data.
Latest Revision: 2017-10-16